Mar 23, 2020
We can try so hard to simplify our lives, but it never seems to last. Why do we make things so complicated?
Today, I'm with one of my best friends and co-founder of Called Creatives, Lisa Whittle! We are celebrating the release of her new book Jesus Over Everything and how this really is so much more than just a book. It's so much bigger than cleaning out a closet or streamlining your schedule.
Lisa shares how letting go of our coping mechanisms and surrendering to the seemingly upside-down way of Jesus can bring us the peace we long for--and free us up in a big way. She shares what putting Jesus Over Everything looks like practically and what she learned personally from tackling this bold message.
We also chat about:
-The deadly "overs" and how they are stealing our abundant life.
-Why Lisa is known for giving away outerwear.
-The tale of two coats--one awesome, one not so much.
1. When we obey, whatever it looks like, whatever weirdness it is, or sounds like to us, something changes inside of us.
2. Jesus over everything is the beauty of Colossians one and Ephesians one. That he is covering us, but he has us. Also if we want our lives to be less complicated, the way that it works is the way that it was set up to work in the beginning of time.
3. Scripture is for our benefit and I think that’s what we forget sometimes. We think it’s a list of to do‘s. It is for us and so there’s a reason why steadiness is the way to go over hype because it is the way our life stays much more simple and certainly more calm.
In this episode I answer these questions:
1. How do you know the difference between fear and God telling you no and not yet? (48:16)
2. I’m in the first stages of building my platform, what do I need to focus on most? (54:18)
3. Do you have a mentor and how do you recommend finding one? (1:00:05)
Links to great things we discussed:
1. Lisa Whittle
2. Jesus Over Everything
3. Everything but the Bagel season
4. Neutrogena Hydro Boost
5. Lindsay Letters Calendar
6. Called Creatives
7. I Still Believe
8. Worship for Fierce Faith
Hope you loved this episode! Be sure to subscribe in iTunes and slap some stars on a review! :)