Jul 22, 2019
We are marching on with my "Summer Of Favorite Women"! Today, we are with the fabulous Lisa Whittle. I invited Lisa back on the show to talk about pursuing careers we love without guilt, balancing motherhood and entrepreneurship, and why your parenting doesn't have to be perfect to produce great children.
In this episode we discuss:
1. How to know when your work has become an idol
2. Finding work/life balance
3. How to mold your business mind with your ministry heart
1. I appreciate other truth tellers in my life because I do think when you’re healthy and you’re operating by the control of the Holy Spirit (which has not always been the same for me by the way) but I think when that happens you can take it and you say I’m ready to hear what someone else has to say to me so I’m going to walk through this world boldly and speak bold things. I want someone to say that back to me because I know that I need to be told in the same manner.
2. (That encouragement) let me have this exhale of, “Well, yeah maybe I just really love what I’m doing. Gosh if God has gifted me to this area, He’s called me to this, I should live it.”
3. I think this season (teen years) of mothering is challenging for me and it’s amazing. I love it, it’s some ways my favorite. But I am dying to myself by kind of letting my own position go in many ways and releasing my kids to the world, believing we’ve done enough, and just praying.
4. I can’t really have a friendship where someone won’t be real and raw with me and that doesn’t mean I need them to tell them all their business, I just need the things we talk about, whether it be topics or whatever is going on, whatever we’re going to be talking about. I need you to be completely real with me about it.
In this episode I answer these questions:
1. What advice do you have with helping our kids deal with acne? (49:15)
2. How should we handle our own inner critic? (54:40How can I make sure my professional email communication is both professional and effective?
3. How can I make sure my professional email communication is both professional and effective?
Links to great things we discussed:
1. Lisa Whittle
2. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
3. Desk Exercise Bike
4. Married at First Sight
5. The Ordinary Glycolic Acid
7. Housefires I’ll Give Thanks
8. FABFITFUN Use code ALLI to save $10.00
9. Blissdom Conference
Hope you loved this episode! Be sure to subscribe in iTunes and slap some stars on a review! :)