Jul 1, 2019
I’m with the delightful Christi Straub. Christi is a licensed family and marriage counselor. Christi shares about the challenges she sees most families facing today. She also talks about why owning and naming emotions is so crucial, both for parents and children.
In this episode we discuss:
1. Breaking the busy cycles in family life
2. The most important thing our children need from us
3. Why emotional safety is a vital part of your family's health
1. I think once we start to really see ourselves as just a human, or our spouses as human, and our kids as humans, we start to recognize our individual strengths and weaknesses and we’re not trying so hard to create little super beings that they’re not going to be. There’s a whole lot of rest and peace and purpose that comes from that!
2. A feeling is just a feeling, it’s not in charge of you.
3. We have to first name and recognize what we’re feeling in order to gain control of it so it doesn’t get to control us.
4. Are we creating an environment that is emotionally safe? Meaning that emotions are talked about and that starts with us. Are we modeling emotions?
In this episode I answer these questions:
1. How can I get my kids to do chores? They’re 6 and 8. (47:54)
2. What is your take on the law of attraction? (51:46)
3. How do I know if I’m ready for a business coach? (56:51)
Links to great things we discussed:
1. Christi Straub
2. What Am I Feeling
3. Hunter Brothers- Lost
4. Kids Baking Championship
6. Godzilla:King of the Monsters
7. Dark Phoenix
8. Red Rocks Worship: Nobody Like You
9. FABFITFUN Use code ALLI to save $10.00
10. Blissdom Conference
Hope you loved this episode! Be sure to subscribe in iTunes and slap some stars on a review! :)