Nov 30, 2020
The holiday season is upon us! And while it brings us moments of reconnection, Christmas magic, and a whole lot of festive cheer, it can sometimes reveal deep pockets of pain that we haven’t fully addressed yet.
If you know all too well what I’m talking about, today’s episode is for you. I’m honored to share my conversation with author and speaker Lysa TerKeurst, but you may know her as the President of Proverbs 31 Ministries. She shares about her journey with forgiveness, specifically while dealing with a betrayal in her own home, and how she used it to find true healing.
In Lysa’s new book, Forgiving What You Can’t Forget, she teaches us new ways to work through pain and move on with joy in our hearts. She brings a new level of honesty and vulnerability that helped me find a new perspective on this essential skill we all practice in our day-to-day lives.
Things we covered in this shorter-than-usual episode:
1. The shocking blessing of bitterness
2. The best time for forgiveness (the answer will surprise you!)
3. The false narrative we tell ourselves when we experience a trigger
After our conversation, stick around for our coaching time where I share listener-submitted questions about life, faith, and business!
And while you’re here, have you downloaded my FREE Christmas Gift Guide yet? My team and I spent weeks putting together this extensive guide to all things gifts, and I just know you’ll find the perfect item for everyone on your list. Grab your copy at alliworthington.com/christmas
One more thing, this is the last week to join Called Creatives at the introductory price of $19! After this week, the price jumps up to $29 (but if you join now, you’ll lock in the intro rate forever and ever amen).
1. I always thought forgiveness
was an unfair gift we have to give to the person who hurt us, and
what I discovered is forgiveness is more about God giving the gift
of healing to our hearts.
2. Forgiveness is both a decision and a process.
3. The blessing of bitterness is it actually shows us what a tender beautiful heart we have because bitterness doesn't often visit people with cold hearted hearts. Bitterness often comes to people who have loved deep so they got hurt really deep.
4. Forgiveness is supposed to be
that step toward healing that we take early on, so that our heart
can embrace, not just the reality of the situation, but the
potential beauty of the life lessons we can learn along the
5. Boundaries aren't meant to shove another person away, but they are meant to help hold me together, so I can fully forgive someone.
In this episode I answer these questions:
1. What do I need to do to take care of my skin as I near my 40s? (30:17)
2. What should I do if I don't
agree with all my church’s teachings? (36:30)
3. How do I know what to invest in my business? (40:36)
Great things we discussed:
1. Lysa Turkerust
2. Forgiving What You Can’t Forget
3. The Forgiveness Journal
5. Bye Bye Foundation
6. Bare Minerals
7. The Crown
8. Take Courage
9. The 2020 Christmas Gift Guide
Hope you loved this episode! Be sure to subscribe in iTunes and slap some stars on a review! :)